Thursday, December 1, 2016

12 days of Christmas Tags

So today is December 1 and I thought it would be fun to share my 12 days of Christmas tags with everyone. Now I'm just a beginner so my tags aren't going to be as intricate as some other art journalist but these are going to be attached Christmas presents that will lend to a more polished look on the gift instead of store bought tags.



So I started out with a Manila colored tag, a Darice product that I picked up at Michael's. I put down some white gesso on the whole of the tag.


Next I painted it with two shades of green and yellow ochre. I blasted the tag with my heat tool then added some more of the acrylic paints. I really had no idea where I was going so let my muse take over with painting the whole tag with Golden iridescent gold paint. I liked the metallic look to the tag.












I had some old Christmas print craft paper so I fussy cut a poinsettia. I used a holly stencil that I used on a plain craft paper and using the same greens as the tag, then fussy cut them out and painted three holly berries too. I darkened the edges of the leaves and berries with Tim Holtz distress inks, pine needles and aged mahogany. Glued all down and I like it! Simple but nice for a holiday gift tag.




No comments:

Post a Comment