Saturday, December 3, 2016

3rd day of the 12 Days of Christmas Tags

Today I made a simple tag with a Christmas tree and a pigeon with a string of lights wrapped around it.





First I gesso the tag then heat blast it then paint a light coat with Tim Holtz distress paints, salted ocean.  Then added more gesso to lighten up the blue.
















I'm don't draw well but I decided to draw a Christmas tree then painted it with 3 shades of green; light green, sap green, and phthalo green. On card stock I drew a banner and wrote MERRY on the flags, using different colors of glitter gel pens for each flag. I also put non colored glitter gel pen around the flags and string. I used a Faber-Castell black Pitt pen to outline the Christmas tree. Finally I set the wrapped penguin next to the tree. The penguin is from my stash, I've had it a long time. It looks so cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment