Monday, December 5, 2016

5th Day of 12 Days of Christmas tags.

Today I took an old Christmas card and cut out the birds that were on the front of it. I wanted to use Faber-Castell gelato but needed a smooth surface to manipulate the colors so I put distress collage medium from Tim Holtz on the tag. Then smeared on aqua dolce and silver ice onto the tag. I put two coats of those colors and white gesso, to give the illusion of a winter day. I laid the birds down on the card to see how I wanted them to go then pasted them down with a glue stick. I forgot to shade around the cut outs before gluing them so got out Derwent pastel pencils to use as shading. Then with a water barrel brush activated the pastel lines. I added some tree branches with Faber-Castell brown pitt pen and Prismacolor black brush tip marker. I also added color on the branches with red pastel pencil. To complete the scene I added snow with Heidi Swapp metallic texture paste.
I didn't take photos of all the steps, sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment