Friday, December 9, 2016

9th Day of the 12 Days of Christmas Tags

So here we are on the 9th day of Christmas tags. Today I thought of old St Nick as my subject for this tag.

I drew an image of Santa Claus then for some reason gesso the tag which smeared the pencil drawing but I worked around that.


Next I painted his hat red and used texture paste to add dimension to the fur around the hat and the ball at the tip. Then I painted the fur rim of the hat white and the ball on the tip of the hat also. I then painted the background with light blue then red and toned it down with white acrylic paint. I did Santa's face last, drawing in his eyes and nose with a Faber-Castell black pitt pen. Painted his face with a mixture of white, red, brown acrylic paint, then went back with more white. Added red acrylic paint for his lips and rosy cheeks. For the sentiment I painted HO HO HO. I get so engrossed with the project that I forget to take photos of each step I did in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment