Thursday, September 22, 2016

It's Sweater Weather, first day of Fall.

I have been walking around the neighborhood and notice that Fall is here. So I did this art journal page with the season it in mind.


Here I used Tim Holtz distress paints, mustard seed, barn door, and fossilized amber.  I used black archival ink from Ranger to stamp the dandelion seeds from Stampendous. But I though it looked too bright, I used white gesso to tone it down.

I had an old napkin from a Thanksgiving dinner that I cut up some individual leaves which I glued down. I also cut strips that were glued as a border.   I had cut up some pictures from a magazine and one piece got glued by accident so later I cover it up with Aspen tree leaves and various leaves I found on the Internet.



I also drew in some Aspen trees using white acrylic paint and a black Pitt pen to add detail. I then added my phrase and added some shadowing with a brown pen from Prismacolor.




With today the first day of Autumn, it will become sweater weather soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment