Friday, May 26, 2017

Beginner Art Journalist: May Mission Inspiration Challenge

In my last post, I told you that the Mike Deakin mission inspiration challenge was a little daunting for me well I decided to try it this month. I always struggle when facing an empty page so this is a way to start. It is difficult having to take every step and wonder what the composition well look like in the end.
Finished piece.
1. added composition paper.


,
3, 4, 5.  I added a teal color to the background
glued ribbon from a lanyard as a border,
and added 3 focal points, shoes, map,
 and the mountains.
6. bubble wrap and a toaster oven utensil
to make marks with titanium white paint.
2. I stamped book pages with butterflies
and flowers using archival ink.
7, 8. I add words for the month
and add cardboard strips. I added
gray paint to the cardboard
to balance the color.
I used the butterfly and flower stamps from these sets. And rummaged around to find these household utensils.


No comments:

Post a Comment